2. Information on Costumers
2.1 What personal information do we collect from Costumers?
When registering on our site, as appropriate to create an account for the DSP or subscribe to our newsletter or enter a request into our website, you may be required to enter your name and/or organization name, email address, mailing address and phone number or other details.
2.2 How do we use Customer Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, place an order, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To identify individual Costumers and execute their orders.
- To personalize Customer experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which Customers are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve the Customer.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your Customer service requests.
- To follow up with Customer after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
- Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
2.3 Unsubscribing from our Mailing List
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from our mailing list, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from future correspondence.
2.4 How do we protect Customer information?
Customer personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
2.5 Do we use 'cookies'?
2.5 Third-party disclosure of Customer Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
3. End user information
End users provide us with certain information (NII) when their devices such as mobile phones or tablets interact with our advertisement servers.
3.1 For what purposes do we collect End user information?
We use information collected on End users to improve our advertisements for (instance in relevance) including but not limited to, report to our Costumers, to analyze trends, and detection of fraud. We may share this non personally identifiable information with clients, vendors, and other companies with whom we conduct business.
3.2 What information do we collect on End users?
No Personally identifiable information (PII) is collected on End users. We do collect non-identifiable information (NII) on End users. Information collected on End users may be, but is not limited to:
- the IP address of End users’ device on the mobile internet, to help us identify the mobile operator, connection type, and other details;
- the ‘user agent’ of End users’ browser or application, and other relevant request headers, to help us identify the device type;
- the date and time of the ad request or interaction; and
- a unique identifier, such as an HTTP cookie or device identifier, that enables us not to show the End user the same ad over and over again.
We also encourage (but do not require) our publishers to share with us additional information that is not personally identifiable information, but that we may use in order to improve ad relevance. This data may include:
- End users’ age or age range, if known to the publisher;
- End users’ gender, if known to the publisher; and
- End users’ geographic location, if known to the publisher.
3.3 End user Opt-out
If you wish to block these cookies, you will need to change the relevant settings on your mobile device. Some, but not all, mobile platforms allow you to manage settings specifically; on others you can only control cookies at a global level. Details on how to do this vary based on your mobile device operating system and browser, but common cases can be addressed as follows:
- From the home screen of your device, select the “Settings” icon
- Select ‘Safari’ from the list
- To adjust the cookie settings, tap ‘Accept Cookies’
- Choose either “Never”, “From visited”, or “Always”
- Open the browser app
- Push the ‘Menu’ button
- From the options that are shown to be running, select the ‘More’ option
- Select the ‘Settings’ function from the list of browser functions
- Scroll down to the ‘Accept cookies’ option. If the box is checked, uncheck it to disable cookies; if the box is unchecked, select it in order to enable cookies.
Find our vision, measures taken and internal protocol regarding the GDPR here.
6. Contacting Us